Day

Friday, April 11, 2008

Day 13297, & I am feeling blah...

It is quite easy to work your self into a rut.

It is not so easy to get yourself out of one.

Que sera...

It rained today. It rained a lot. 2.5 inches in the last 12 hours. Having had to deal with drought conditions last year, I am not one to complain about the rain. Normally, I am not one to complain about cold either. It is going to be cold this weekend, with a frost warning for Monday night. This, I am going to complain about.

The plants are VERY confused. Last year, we had a hard freeze during this same week, after the same warm, pleasant lead in to springtime. That cold snap did quite a few things in. Then, as the flora recovered, it never rained again.

This year, as a result, things look a bit off. The leaves look funny. Nature just looks tired, worn out, exhausted.

And that is EXACTLY how I feel right now. Again, que sera...

I couldn't do my hilly street run today for fear of being swept away in the wind and rain. Instead, I went to the gym for a 50 minute treadmill run between lunch and dinner. It was 80 outside. I would say it was 85 in the gym. Practice for summertime, I said as I sweated out every drop of hydration from my body. Really, no A/C? I know that it isn't good to be too cold, but how about 76 or so.

Anyway, 5 miles, some incline, and varying speed between 6.0 and 6.6. PT gave me some new stretches to do this week. They seem to help.

Tomorrow is supposed to be 1+ hours on the Greenway.

And, of course, it is going to be 45 degrees.

No comments: