Day

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Day 13298, & a little less blah...

But still, sigh...

You know you are in trouble when you start re-thinking all of your priorities.

Maybe it is the recession that "they" say we might be heading into. Maybe it is the recession that I say started about 3 months ago. Maybe it is the thought of spending huge amounts of $$$ on a new restaurant in the the middle of the recession. Maybe it is home mortgage 1 and 2. Maybe it is car payment 1 and 2.

Maybe.

But I think maybe it is just me. 36.5 seems an odd age for a life crisis. Then again, what about life isn't odd or unpredictable?

On the bright side, I ran with Lil' Bit this morning. She is a good running partner. No idle chit chat. Just put on the iPod and go. Thatta girl!

The weather wasn't as bad as I imagined. A balmy 58 degrees. I figure the bright side to be a less crowded greenway so I won't complain.

Again, mile one in 8:10 minutes. I would say oops but, rather, I should question where mile 1 actually starts. Has my whole life been a lie? Well, I ran 3.5-ish miles in 34:15, and we finished up the 4-ish miles in 42 minutes. It felt good, but now my legs feel tight. As tomorrow is rest day (beer raises only), they can recoup then.

This week looks to have been a 17 miler. It'll do me just fine.

Tonight, however, is the official start of...

Prom season!!!

Crazy kids, no alcohol sales, and lots of chicken.

Again, sigh...

1 comment:

Nat said...

Maybe it is just the business owners that feel the recession--especially those in a service industry. Sigh. I feel the pain.