Day

Monday, April 7, 2008

Day 13293, & I need a speedometer...

So, I got up at 6 today.  That is about an hour early for me.  Went into the restaurant, sans coffee, to get payroll done.  I like to get the payroll in early so that I can get my reports back in time to get the weekly P&L done before I finish up my day.

The point? Well, the point is that I have been so excited about Saturday's run and I wanted to get back out and do it again.  I had to get in to get payroll done so that I could leave, go run, go home and shower, and go back to work for lunch.

I have not experienced any pain or soreness from Saturday.  I did feel a bit tight today straight out of bed but it is the second day, so I ignored it.  I went to the Greenway and stretched for 15 and started out...

Mile marker 1: 8:05

Oops! No wonder I felt like I was struggling.  Slow it down!

Mile marker 1.5: lapped at 4:30.  9 minute mile? Still too much...  Hold back a bit, you still have to go back to the beginning...

Meanwhile, on the way to mile 2, I encountered some geese.  Cute, I thought.  I hate to scare them, I thought.  Well, they can fly away if they're bothered.  No worries.  And then... Really, geese?  You are going to RUN from me???  Yeah, rub it in!  My pace is slower than yours.  You can probably run a 5K in 20 minutes.  Fine.  Stupid if you ask me though, as you could fly the 5K much faster.... (Side note, I should take my camera for these moments, but I don't want to carry it.)

After the taunting from the geese ended:

Mile marker 2.0: lapped at 5:01.  Much better! Remember this is what you want, Chris...

So, I turn to go back.  But, now I am tired from overdoing it earlier.  And, not only do I have to get back, I also have to get to work soon.  If I walk the 2 miles, I will have less coffee time at home. Get it together!

The final tally: 3.5 miles, 35 minutes, with the final .5 cool down finishing me out at 4miles.  So, I got my pace where I wanted it overall, just not the way I wanted to get it.

Work sucks, by the way. Nuff said...


No comments: