Day

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Day 13292, & no pain...

Which implies a bit of gain...

I am feeling fantastic about my run.  No pain today.  No stiffness.  Just a tad tight in the calves by the end of brunch.

Now that I have officially been dubbed a runner by Nat, I must develop a plan for my further development.

I would think that this would not be difficult, as we have managed to develop a plan for the restaurant for the last 5 years.  Managing a growth plan for running should not be quite so stressful.  That said, it is stressful.

I do weight training on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

I do beer training on Sundays (2 for 1).  Sunday is generally the day off...

That said, I am fearful of a substantial run on Mondays, because I am doing legs on Tuesdays.

That would mean no substantial running on Sunday, Monday, or Tuesdays.  That seems silly and unproductive.

So, my thoughts as a newbie:

Monday: 3-ish mile Greenway (flat)

Tuesday: 2 mile treadmill warm up, leg weight training

Wednesday: Greenway, 5-ish miles, or 45-ish minutes

Thursday: 2 mile Treadmill warm up, upper weight day

Friday: 30 minute road run, hills and all

Saturday: Long run, 1+ hour, Greenway...

Sunday: Beer, no running, except maybe running to the beer...

That seems like about 15-20 miles a week.  According to the running guru at Team Nashville, I shouldn't be running more than 5-10 miles a week at this stage.  BORING... I trust his judgment, I just don't like his advice.

Thoughts?


1 comment:

Nat said...

The only problem I see is the Wed run between the weight days. You might be sore in the legs after weights.
You could switch Tuesday to upperboy weights and do your 5 miles before you hit the weights. Then Wed just do an easy run and no running Thur and do leg weights. Maybe a yoga class too.

I think in the beginning you might want to give your legs a break from running for 2 days a week--or every other week take 2 rest days.