Day

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Day 13291, & I am not a rock star...

But I felt a bit like one this morning...

4 miles. 38 minutes. On asphalt!

I am not what you call a nature person. I am like the city mouse. I am like Eva. I like amenities. That said, the Shelby Bottoms Greenway is quite enjoyable. The Shelby Bottoms Greenway is also quite...

Flat!

I went out for a run this morning with my friend Clay. Clay is a runner. Clay likes to run at an 8 minute pace. Last Sunday, while drunk, Clay agreed to run a slower pace and help me run at A pace. I realized that until I can gauge how I am doing, I need this assistance. So, off we went.

I managed a 9:30 pace, so Clay said, and so the stopwatch and miles markers confirmed, for the first 2 miles. Then I needed a walk break. I think Clay needed a walk break too, as he apparently did not take a drinking break last night... After about a 3-5 minute walk, we turned around and resumed the run. Probably a bit faster on the way back, but I will call it 9:30 for the 2 mile return.

I should probably also mention that I was able to maintain my end of a conversation for the duration of the run. I am going to assume that this means I was not overdoing it and that I wasn't courting death.

We will see how I feel about all of this tomorrow. I am quite suspicious of my legs, as they gave me no warning signs this morning. But, in the meanwhile...

I think I am almost a runner now.

1 comment:

Nat said...

I am so proud!

You are a runner!