Day

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Day 13249, & I am all better?

So, apparently, all I needed to do for the last 10 days was stretch and exercise.

Really???

Cause it sure as hell felt like my legs were going to fall off if I tried to use them!

Anyhoo, despite my frustrations noted in the last post, I am quite pleased that I decided to go to the doctor, that he diagnosed me as a worry wart, and that I took him up on his advice.

I was a bit sore this morning, but only for a second. And off to the gym I went...

6 miles on the elliptical over the course of a nice leisurely hour. Yesterday was 5 miles, so I am definately getting my stamina back. When I did my cardio on Thursday (for the first time in 11 days,) I thought I was going to die. Coincidentally, I also scored "below average" on my cardio test with PT on said Thursday. I do not fail well, with the exception of AP Calculus in high school; I failed that REALLY well! Rather than beat myself up over the failure, I am chaulking it up to my "vacation" from any real exercise over the last week. And, maybe also to this head cold that I plan on leaving in Nashville when I fly off to Colorado next week. It is quite amazing how fast my body can revert back to its old sloth-like self.

Now, I must come up with a new, much less aggressive plan to incorporate running into my routine. First, though, is it pronation or supination? Or, have I been supinating since my imaginary injury because of the great knee revolt of 2008? Don't really know... Maybe I will just make the crazy running man at the crazy running store watch me run across the parking lot a few more times to decide...

He is probably more aware of what caused my issues than the doctor was anyway...

I am thinking that I will slowly start substituting the treadmill for the elliptical, a mile at a time, week by week. Most importantly, I will dedicate 15 minutes on the front and back end of each workout to thorough stretching. 30 seconds in each stretch, blah, blah, blah.

Anyway, hopefully I have put an end to this particular issue, as I am sure that there will be many new issues ahead.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You went from being a big stupid baby to being back at the gym the very next day? All it took was someone in a white coat telling you you weren't really sick?

Malleability doesn't become you, dear.