Day

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Day 13253, and 1 ski day down

First of all, posting is a pain.  There are not ANY open wi-fi connections that I can reach at the condo.  So, here Katie and I sit, at Starbuck's, while I type.  I even had to pay T Mobile for the connection.  Didn't I hear that Starbuck's was switching to AT & T???

Anyhoo, we arrived Tuesday at 7:30 am.  Jay and I went and got the car, then back to the airport to wait for Katie, who arrived at 10.  The Denver Airport is boring.  I took pictures with MY camera while there.  I can't post them though.  Why?  Because I forgot the damned cable to connect my camera to my laptop.  Why?  Because I am an idiot.Fortunately, Jay remembered his (which is amazing!) so I do have some pictures.
Here is our drive into Silverthorne.  No real snow threats on the road.  Easy 1:15 from Denver.

(Right now, blogger has decided that this is the ONLY picture that it wants to post.  Well, I must say, of all the pictures I have, I am SO glad that this is the one that I got up...)

Anyway,  yesterday, we skied Breckenridge.  Jay had his full day lesson, and actually used most of it.  Then...he turned in his skis.  He liked it more than last time, but still doesn't consider himself a skier.  Oh well, I tried.

Katie and I skied hard, drank hard, and had a blast.  We got Erin (the instructor) to ourselves for the last couple hours of the day, and she took us up to Peak 10 and we skied black runs.  I fell once, Katie didn't fall.  I will say, though, my fall was graceful and controlled.  And, if you blinked, you might have missed it.

We are off to Vail today.  Jay, sadly, is back at the condo, as it is medicine day.  The pills kick his ass.

More tomorrow...

1 comment:

Nat said...

Hope the skiing is still going fantabulous!