Day

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Day 13238, or the day of Catherine

Tuesdays are one of my favorite days.

First, I am generally "off" on Tuesdays.  After the weekend, along with the fairly SLOOOW Monday lunch, followed with paperwork, payroll, paying bills, and general catch up, it is nice to have a day to myself.

Jay leaves early on Tuesday mornings.  So, I get to sprawl.  The sprawl has been extra enjoyable as of late; the new bed is amazing.  Once I get up, about 6:30, it is time for a few cups of coffee, then off to the gym.  Training is at 8.  Generally Tuesdays are lower body day.  I seem to have pretty strong quads, so I find most of the session to be quite easy.

Every other Tuesday is also Sheri day.  We all love Sheri day.  When I say we, I mean Jay, me, and Murphy and Lucy, the pups.

Sheri is the best investment we make in our own sanity and well-being.   She does the laundry, the does the dishes, she does the sheets, the floors, dusts... She even cleans the oven, the drip pans on the stove top, my coffee pot, and the sink drains.

All the while, she visits with the dogs, plays with them outside, teases Murphy with the feather duster, and gives them all the attention they could ask for.  They love Sheri.

I love Sheri.

Jay loves Sheri.

Anybody would love Sheri.

Coming home at the end of Sheri day is like getting a new house.  It smells incredibly clean (zero dog smell!), looks new, and everything is in its place.  Sometimes things end up where we can't find them.  But, if that is what Sheri wants, then that's fine with me.

At the end of my Tuesdays, I have my date night.  Not date night with Jay, mind you, but with Catherine.  It is sort of like Mommy's night out.  She gets away from the kids and I get away from Jay... It is sort of the same...

Catherine is my sounding board, my rock, my sanity.  There is nobody I would rather hang out with.  There never has been, and never will be.  Everyone in the world could only hope to be so lucky as to have their own Catherine.

The preceding announcement has been a paid endorsement brought to you by The Friends of Catherine Foundation.  --- "I am Catherine, and I endorse this message."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're a liar but I'm easy. Now log off and get to the bar. I'm all by myself.

Nat said...

I see you there. Making me all jelus with you Catherine and you Sherri.

Mean. I tell you. Just mean.

Anonymous said...

silly girl... There's no comparison between me and sherri. Sherri is just a denoument to build up to talking about me.

Anonymous said...

You're right. I did misuse denoument. But I think I should be commended for spelling it right, on my iphone, at the bar, and for figuring out how to comment at all in those circumstances.

And also, here:

http://10reasonswhyilovechris.blogspot.com/

Nat said...

I'm still giggling that Catherine made a blog about you. . .