Day

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Day 13239, Snow storm 2008

So, yesterday, it was 62 degrees when I started my errands.  By the time the late afternoon rolled around, it was in the low 40s.  I knew the temperature was going to drop a bit overnight.  But really, who knew it was going to be white out conditions by this morning?

Fortunately, Jay got up early so that the garage and doorways could be shoveled clear.  Ok, well, maybe that is not quite accurate.  Maybe we didn't have quite the blizzard that I describe.  But it snowed.  And, with the crazy up-and-down temperatures that we have been having lately, I was pretty excited.  Jay was definately excited, though not as much as he was last year in CO (the picture.)

The dogs?  Well, there are always mixed reviews on things like snow when it comes to Murphy and Lucy.
Murphy, getting a bit senile in his old age, seems to think that the snow cover helps him to stalk prey, or just to hide from us.  Black and white contrast is a concept that he just doesn't get...

He is awfully photogenic though, when we are able to shoot him against a nice, white, snowy backdrop.  When we try to photograph him in any other setting, he just looks like a dust mop.  Oh well, he never really showed an interest in being America's next top model anyway...



Lucy, on the other hand, true to form, stands on the patio, waiting to get back inside.  She is such a princess... Maybe if I got her some little dog booties, she wouldn't be so sensitive.  Or, perhaps, she would just maul me in my sleep.  Either way, she cracks me up.  Daddy's little angel pup...

Of course, this is the south.  The snow was gone by noon.  At least it was pretty for a few hours.  And, it got us really excited for the trip to Colorado in just 10 short days...

2 comments:

Nat said...

You guys got snow?? We had flurries which on my run was just really annoying.
But ask me about Friday?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Friday we leave for 5 days in Miami, W.Palm and Jupiter Beach. The low is 60 and the high 83. Of course I am going with my kids and Ryan's parents but still, beach. yay.

Anonymous said...

I thought for a minute that the weather was a lot worse two blocks over.

Also, on a funny but unrelated note, the word verification for this comment is the letters: textho

It's like they know who I am.