Day

Friday, February 1, 2008

Day 13227 & on day 13226, he rested...

Well, not so much rested, but I didn't post yesterday...

Yesterday was quite a big day, really.

I started out with my "surprise" day with the PT. Turned out that the surprise was really just a more severe ass kicking than usual. She called it test day. I did 17 diferent exercises, maxing out in one minute sets. I have to say that there really does not seem to be any reason to 32 seated calf raises in 1 minute. Certainly, there is no reason to do 35 leg curls in 1 minute, unless that burning sensation really gets you off. Honestly, I can say that that kind of burning has never been much of a turn on.

All in all, I do think I am seeing some improvement. Not so much with muscle mass, but definately with strength and endurance. So, I guess that is something...

After training, Jay and I went to look at our new restaurant space. It was the first time that we have been over to the development since last October. The last time we saw Allium (that's the name of the new place,) there were not any exterior walls. Basically, we just looked at the roughed in plumbing to figure out what part of the room we were in.

But, now...




Isn't the dining room gorgeous! I have to say, it is a real step up for the GTC. Well, ok, maybe it is not quite as nice yet but it will be. The plus side was that the space seems larger now. And that the columns seem farther apart. Jay and I drive by the space on our way home every day. We had started to worry that the support columns were going to cause huge issues with table arrangement. Obviously, we would have been in trouble if our million dollar restaurant ( yes, 6 zeros...) only seated 8 people. Fortunately, this worry was unjustified.

Then patio area also proved to be a spacial surprise. Looks like it will seat another 40 or so, and it is covered by one of the higher floors so it will be more useful than previously thought.




As you can see, the view doesn't suck either. You couldn't really see it in the first photo, but the dining room also has a skyline view. Once the sun goes down, it should be really pretty. The big window there (ok, the hole in the side of the building) is the bar area. The best part about this large patio is that it is free space. No rent on this footage. Yea!

After our 30 minute tour of our area was done, we made our architect, Sheila, walk us through the rest of the project, including several of the 112 residential units in the compound. WOW! If only the dogs would die tomorrow, Jay and I could totally be condo dwellers here. Unfortunately, both dogs seem to be in good health (for now...) I think I need to become a cat person.

The development is quite ginormous (note: I have no problem using this word, but I do not think it should be included in the dictionary. I am so displeased with the direction of the modern English language.)




This is the interior view from the balcony of one of the townhouses. Several of the units in the main building are 2 story lofts. They have 24 foot windows, so I am sure that window treatments will be a challange for anyone that is not an exibitionist. It just amazes me that this has gone up in just over a year. Meanwhile, Expo can't seem to finish the 10x12 bathroom for my friend DG in the same amount of time...He really hates Home Depot Expo at this point, as he should...

In the bottom left of the photo, you can see the entrance to the massive underground garage. I hope it is massive enough!



Also, please feel free to note how good Jay looks in a hard hat.

Again, the view from the green roof is amazing. Damn those dogs!!!

Anyway, the tour got us a bit more excited about the new restaurant. It has been hard to focus since it has been such a long process. We signed the lease in October of 2006, finished the construction plans in April of 2007, and have just been waiting around since then. Originally, we were supposed to be opening this month. Obviously, they are a bit behind. Now, it is starting to look like we need to get moving with our work.

Or, maybe I just need to run away to the Caribbean...

p.s. My shins are still sore.

1 comment:

Nat said...

Did you say Allium was opening in June? Mmmm . ..

Looks like a great space. I am exicted to visit.