Day

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Day 13225...Ouch!

Wow. I used to say that I thought I had shin splints; but, that was back in gym in middle school, or when my dad used to make me run three miles a day, three times a week as a kid. I never had them. It just seemed to be a great lie that got me out of doing the required exercise.

Well, I can see why that lie was effective. Today, I woke up and thought that I was just a bit sore, as I would be anytime I worked a new set of muscles differently than usual. So, like a moron, I thought I will just work out the tightness...oops! I could barely get out of my car when I got to work.

The point of the story, though, is not my aching limbs. Rather, it is that somebody, in days past, worked really hard to help mankind. That special somebody invented ibuprofen and I love them for it! We should really have a national holiday dedicated to the inventor of ibuprofen. I will add that task to my list of "To Dos."

I realized today that there are only 27 days left between me and the slopes. I suppose that I need to be very careful at the gym. I need to find the level of exercise that will help me continue to build strength, without ANY risk of injury. I need the routine that is "just right." Call me Goldilocks, I don't care...Ain't nothin' keeping me from skiing for 6 days!

So, Wednesdays are my night to close at the GTC. Being the first Wednesday of my blog, I feel the need to mention this for one reason...

This is all you get...

No comments: