Day

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Day 13224, not so bad really...

Ah, there is nothing better than a day off.  One day, I hope to have one.

So, I was off today.  You should know that when I say "off," what I mean is that I:

a: do not have to get dressed in clothes that require dry cleaning or professional laundering.

b: do not have to smile, be gracious, or otherwise fake to people that I would otherwise not give the time of day to. (Keeping in mind that I do love many of my peeps.  It is just unfortunate that the few can ruin one's experience of enjoying the many)

"Off" does not mean that I stay away from work, ignore the business, or otherwise have a relaxed, enjoyable day.

So, I went in search of all that food cost money I mentioned on Day 13223.  3 hours later, and with blurred vision from looking at a month's worth of invoice prices, I am pleased to announce that I found a mere $70.00.  Now, who here thinks I would go through all this for 70.00 of money on paper?  Those who said "I do," clearly do not have the slightest idea of who I am.

Anyway, as it stands, we are out a few Ks and I guess it might be time for a price increase.  There is nothing I hate more...

"Off" also does not mean sit at home and relax.

Today was PT at 8am.  Upper body day.  I have to say, I impress myself...

I am not sure which I like most, upper or lower.  I do know what I hate of each:

Upper: Assisted pull ups and dips.  Don't know why, but that machine is mean.  I guess I should just appreciate the word "Assisted" in this scenario.  It could be worse...

Lower: Squats, and these ridiculous jump squats that PT has decided will make me a much stronger skier.  I doubt the validity of this exercise.  I think she just wants me to look silly.

After my frivolous attempt at finding food on a spreadsheet, I went and bought some new runnin' sneakers (i love the word sneakers.)  Then, like a kid, I went back to the gym to test drive my new sneakers.  2.25 miles in 20 minutes.  Who the hell knew??? Up till now, I only wished I had strong legs so that I could do the triple axle just like Sasha Cohen (only without the falling.)  Now, I see that I have a chance at being just like Jaime Sommers (We can rebuild her...)

Yea, me!

So, at the end of the day, I guess that it is important to be able to look back and feel a sense of accomplishment.  And, throw a few beers in at the end and you have got a good day...


No comments: