Day

Friday, September 5, 2008

Day 13446, & the end of wonder week...

So, I am a bit lazy on the blog posts lately, I know.

I have been busy. That is not a good excuse though. I have also been frustrated with the new restaurant, the existing restaurant, the existing political climate, my injury, etc...

As my last post was just a long, drawn out whining rant, I thought it best to take a time out.

Anyway, I am here now, writing a post, so let us move on.

Over the last 5 years, many a famous person has graced the restaurant's door.


Alan Rickman came in one night for dinner with his wife. They were lovely. The staff enjoyed compiling a list of all of his work. There was a lot of it. They had a hell of a time getting a cab back to The Hermitage and Greg was going to drive them himself. Imagine his disappointment when the cab showed up...



And, Keith and Nicole have been in for a few brunches, but that really doesn't count. Country music folk are bound to pop up here. It is Music City, after all. Again, nice people.






Now, there have been a few very exciting celebs over the last five years, too.

The night that Lily Tomlin came in for dinner, I went up to the restaurant to see her. Who wouldn't? She was in one of the greatest movies of all time, you know.


I sent Lily a bottle of wine. Of course, she invited me over for a thank you. And, what a kind, gracious person she was....

And speaking of great movies...


I absolutely meant to ask Dolly Parton if she happened to know when Jane Fonda was going to come in for dinner. It would have been great to know that all three of them had eaten at my little restaurant. However, due to a glitch in my judgment, I was unable to ask said question, as somebody wandered up to Ms. Parton with a Sharpie and some CDs. That is a story for another time.

I had not ever given any thought to Lynda Carter being a guest. I was nothing but surprised when she was in last Sunday. Turns out, she was here to rehearse for her show in Atlantic City. As it also turns out, one of my 3 Crow Bar friends, Cowboy Keith, was doing the sound for her. Once again, a tiny world.

What I didn't know, however, was that she really liked the restaurant, and also liked me. I guess my you know, I have the pilot episode of Wonder Woman on my iPhone comment was fairly original/memorable.

So, when Lynda Carter suggested that they have dinner from the restaurant, Cowboy figured that I might like to deliver it personally, 2 nights in a row.

Yep, I got to hang out at the studio with Lynda Carter, and the band, for a couple of hours over the last 2 evenings. Sure, it was partly work, but only in that I drove the food over and collected money. The remaining time was spent just hanging out with my buddy, Wonder Woman.

And let me tell you, it was freaking amazing! It was like a childhood dream come true, except that apparently Lynda Carter is not really Wonder Woman and she also doesn't have an invisible jet. Beyond those little differences? She might as well be the same person I used to watch on TV.

I should also mention that there is a very fine line between being a devoted fan and being a crazy stalker. I have been walking that line all week. According to some, if you are able to describe, in detail, the differences in the Wonder Woman costume from season one (ABC) to season two (CBS), you might be obsessed. If you are able to discuss the fact that her belt was never taken away from her after season one, you might be crazy. If you know more about Wonder Woman than the woman who played Wonder Woman? You might be a stalker...

I did learn a few things though. Like the most dangerous stunt she ever performed for the show. Apparently, Lynda almost got fired once, for taking control of a shoot at the end of a day. When she described the shoot, I knew the episode (I know- Crazy)



Apparently, they were not able to get the camera angle right to film the stunt double. So, as daylight was fading, Lynda stepped up. And, as the stunt double had wandered off with the safety harness, Lynda did it free form. You can see the double running, but the rest is all Lynda. Crazy lady. I knew she was a bad ass!

Anyway, I really had a great time! She was very tolerant of my star struck behavior. She referred to me as cute, adorable, and sweet. She promised to come visit me again when she is in town next time. I hope that is true.

So, this is the end of my Wonder Week. Here is a little tribute, if you are not already about to vomit...

2 comments:

DG Strong said...

Congratulations on crossing over from just Super-Gay to actually BEING A WOMAN!

Nat said...

Whatever. I swear I think the fact that you are hugging Wonder Woman makes you a tiny bit less gay. Don't tell Jay.

You look good btw, for not running and all, ;)