Day

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Day 13437, & I might cry soon...

So, I still can't run.

I tried today.  I went to the gym.  I stretched for 15 minutes.  I did 2 miles on the elliptical machine.  I moved to the treadmill and warmed up for 5 minutes.  And then, I tried to speed up.  The limp came in about 3 minutes, at a 10:00 minute pace.

I will miss my 10K next Monday.  I will not be trained to race the Murfreesboro Half, even  if I am healed properly.  And the full, well, why bother thinking about that now.  I can't even run to the end of my street...

I am unable to run, race, train.  I am currently unable to let go.  Unable to escape.

Meanwhile, Biden just said, in his convention address, that if you try, you will succeed.  BULLSHIT!  I tried to run today, but I didn't succeed.

That is a post for another time...

Ever notice that I try to stay clear of the politics here?

I have also been interviewing managerial candidates for the new restaurant.  Almost all are mediocre.  A few are passable.

One of the decent ones?  Yeah, he sent me a rejection letter today.  Mind you, I did NOT offer him a position yet.  I don't know that I would have.  Neither here nor there, though.  He told me no.  Nice...

So, I might cry soon.

I am going into what might be one of the most difficult moments of my life.  I am not bitching.  I am stressed.  I am scared.

I am learning.

When we opened the last one, we had nothing to lose.  This time is different.

I am learning fear.

Scary.

I am done here.

Wonder what the "messiah" is going to do for me...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I WANT THE DAMN STORY ALREADY!!!!!

Jen said...

You are going to make it through. The stress and scary fear is what makes it so sweet when it all comes together.

xoxo
Stick

Nat said...

Stick is such a ray of sunshine.

I am sorry it sucks.

If you could move your resturant here I would totally work for you and be completely dependable.

Anonymous said...

Apparently you can't blog anymore either. You'd think with all that sitting around complaining you're doing, you might post something new this week.

zzzzzzzzz....

Nat said...

she does have a point . . .