Day

Monday, August 25, 2008

Day 13435, & get ready for it...

So, this could very well be the gayest post I have ever posted.  God help us!

Yesterday was a typical day for me.  And then, I woke up...

Saturday was a rough night.  It was a nice night .  I went to 3 Crow to watch a Kenyan win the Olympic Marathon.  OK, I actually went to see how all the non-Kenyans would do.  Yea, America!  9th and 10th?  Pretty good, since they were mainly behind the crazy-fast African runners.  And really?  2:11:59?  Still ridiculous fast...

Now, the problem with watching the marathon at a bar?  Beer.  Don't get me wrong.  Beer is NEVER a problem.  However, the "flu" I caught from all the "marathon watching" was a bit of a problem.  When Jay got up for brunch Sunday at 5, I was not feeling so well.

No worries though, as I got to go back to sleep for what I decided would be 3 and a half hours.  Plenty of time to rest away my "flu-like" symptoms.

And then, at 6, the phone rang?  It was Jay.  Why?  Because some no good, lazy ass, dip shit, fuck face decided to break into our outdoor, walk-in cooler at the restaurant for the second time in a month.

Nothing was taken this time.  Clearly, the new alarm sensor we had installed did the trick.  I hope he pee'd himself.  Last time, by the way, as I just realized that I didn't post about it, he got about 600.00 worth of steaks.  Still very suspicious, if you ask me...

Anyhoo, the day started out pretty lousy: tired, slightly "influenza'd," with a still-way-too-sore-left calf.  So, I went in to work to deal with my least favorite shift of the week.  I love brunch, don't get me wrong.  I love to eat brunch.  I do NOT love to work brunch.  Huge difference!

So, here is the teaser.  Of course, if you saw yesterday's FaceSpace updates, you already know who is in Nashville for a visit. 

Now, as I said, I went into work, a bit grumpier than usual.  And, knowing that we would have to deal with the lock, bar, etc., on the cooler, I knew that the day would not have a pleasant ending either.  Jay would not make it to the gym.  Jay would not make it to any open houses.  (No, we aren't looking for a house.  He just likes them.)  And Jay?  He is just as much a creature of habit as I am.  And when Jay can't go through his routine?  Yeah, it affects me, too...

Also, to add insult to "injury," Sundays are usually my recovery run day.  Easy, pretty, enjoyable runs on the greenway.  My favorite of the running days.  But not now.  In fact , with no substantial running in weeks due to this stupid injury, I was even more agitated...

What could salvage this day?

You ready for it?




Yes, guessed it.  I met Wonder Woman yesterday!

Now, let me explain.  I am pretty much consumed by Madonna.  I am dying to be friends with Kelly Ripa.  I will lose it if Reese Witherspoon ever graces my restaurant's doorway.  All that said...

I have had a thing for Wonder Woman since I was 7!  Lynda Carter trumps them all.  Granted, now, at this point in my life, I have a whole different outlook on it.  Wonder Woman means a whole different thing to the 36 year old gay man than it does to the pre-pubescent, not-yet-orientated young 'un.  But you know what?  She is one hot 58 year old!!!

When she got out of the car, right out front, I thought I might vomit.  Instead, I opened strong.

You know, I will just say, I actually have the pilot episode of Wonder Woman on my iPhone.

Really, I do have it on my iPhone.  I swear.

She high fived me.

Later, when I felt it appropriate, I checked their table.  All good.  Lynda offered to autograph my phone, but thought it seemed silly.

It has a case.  You can sign it.

Apparently, she was kidding.

I regained my composure.  I have to be a professional.  I can't get caught up with all the celebrity.  So, when she left, I thanked them all (4-top) for coming in.  They all seemed to have enjoyed themselves.  I looked at her and apologized for all  the gushing.  She looked at me, said not to worry, and then she leaned in.  I saw it coming, and I just tried to stay balanced, as my knees were about to give...

Yep, I got kissed on the cheek by Wonder Woman.  And, it was AWESOME!

Wonder Woman saved me.

Well, at least, she definitely saved my Sunday!

I came close, but I never got the nerve to ask for a photo op.  Just too inappropriate.  So, instead, I snapped a bunch of pictures through the door, all discreet like...


Meanwhile, last week:

1 mile running, 1 mile walking, 1 trip to the doctor.

This week:

We'll see.  Physical therapy tomorrow...

Oh, and congrats to Lori and Jamie and their new one, Violet.  Its about time!!!

3 comments:

Jen said...

I am a little jealous. Even as a female. I'm glad you did not vomit on yourself or her!

you sneaky biotch.....

xoxo
Stick

Nat said...

Got it!
Blue short shorts with stars.
Red corset like sports bra.
Compression knee socks.
Yellow wrist and head bands.

Don't worry sweetie.

I will totally carry you over the finishline.

And FWIW, I think the Madonna posts are "gayer." Straight men totally dig wonder woman. Madonna? Not so much.

DG Strong said...

Good gay Jesus, glitter just shot out of the cd-slot of my laptop. And then Charles Nelson Reilly hopped out of my stainless steel refrigerator and then HE exploded in a ball of glitter and then the UPS man delived a fifty-foor disco ball and the boxed ABBA set to my door and STILL this post was gayer than all of that.