Day

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Day 13573, & I know that I suck...

So, my blog is probably reader-less now.  I deserve nothing more.

I am actually quite upset that I have failed to record all that has happened over the last few months.  Honestly, I have accomplished so much.  Sadly, day by day, it all seemed so trivial.  And, as the recurring thread of my blog, the running, has been non-existent, I haven't had the driver that I need to write.

All said, the restaurant is indeed open.  We opened it on Dec 16th, after a VERY rough test run on the 15th.  Slow and steady will hopefully win the race.  Hopefully, slow is the crucial ingredient of that phrase.

Otherwise, I have little to report.  I have not run since November.  I have not exercised since November.  I am sooooo out of shape.  I can tell my endurance is crap.  I can tell I will have trouble with my first run.

I will be elliptical-ing next week in the AM to ease back into running.  I will hate it.  I will do it, begrudgingly.

I still want to run the CMM full at the end of April.  I will definitely be good for the half, but I don't want to run a crowded half.  I need to do the full.  We'll see.  Training will be a bitch.  I will need to be back up to 20 mile weeks by the first week of February.  Very little time left.

Speaking of very little time, I am going to try Charlie's training method.  Elliptical, bike, and StairMaster.  I recognize the importance of cross training.  I just have no interest in it.  I do, however, find some appeal in the idea that I can do this in the AM at the gym, quickly, each AM.  After all, if the restaurant is open, I am there.  This leaves me only Mondays and Saturdays for any runs of consequence.  With only a day between them, this means 1 long run per week.

Again, we'll see...

I am sorry about abandoning the blog.  I will try to pick it back up.

Later, bitches!