Day

Monday, May 12, 2008

Day 13328, & a brand new week...

More on this in a bit, but this has had a permanent place in my run playlists of late.


So, first of all, happy belated Mother's Day to all the Moms. As a special gift to you for the day, I will exempt you all from the "I just hate you!" thoughts that ran through my head all day yesterday during brunch.

There is nothing worse than Mother's Day Brunch. Wait! Easter Brunch? No, never mind, Mother's Day is far worse.

It was Vanderbilt graduation weekend, as well. These two things occur on the same weekend every year. It makes for a great week, dollar wise; it makes for a crappy week tired wise...

Basically, we fed an extra 600 people between Thursday night and Sunday night. Ouch!

and, yea!

but, still, ouch!

This week was an example of what I refer to as "the hard way" and I much prefer "the easy way." 

Meanwhile, I regret to inform you that Travis passed away last Saturday.  He was found in the bottom of the pond with some mild bruises on his gill area.  While we are assuming that he died of natural causes, I must admit that we have not ruled out foul play.  It does seem that he might have fallen victim to the jealous backlash of another koi or two.

The investigation will continue...

In brighter news, I will be going to see Madonna in Boston in October.  Section A, Row 14.  Yes, I know, row 14... Why bother going if you are so far away...

In even brighter news,

I attended the annual sale at REI last week.  At almost 40% off, I purchased this nifty Garmin Forerunner 305.  WOW!  It is like my whole world has changed.  I don't have to run along mile markers.  I don't have to hop in the car and drive the route after a run.  I don't have to pay attention at all.  I can just wait and look all that up later...

Now, it can be all about the enjoyment, and the music...

Finally, as a result of last week's blitzkrieg (do not click the link if you are easily offended,) I have no running of note.  I did play with the Garmin.  I did run 6 days.  I think I got 15 to 18 miles in.  Don't remember. I do know that I ran my own private 5K yesterday in under 27:00.  This would be my first under 9:00 per mile.  Yea, me!

I am also quite aware of my lack of posts lately.  Honestly, I have just been buried at work.  It never seems to let up.  I will go ahead and assume that it will only get worse when Allium opens in September-ish.

Be careful what you wish for because it might come true...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First, you suck. Madonna. I want to go. Not sure it could top our trip to Chicago. Did you see that the chef from Avec was on Top Chef. Second, thanks for excluding me from the mom's nasty thought list...especially now that it seems it will be doubly so...I must be much, much more fertile than medical wisdom has historically believed. Yep. #2. January 2009. Tell Jay. He'll be pissed I told y'all this way.

DG Strong said...

You continue to surprise me. "Blitzkrieg" used correctly in a sentence! Will wonders never cease?