Day

Friday, March 7, 2008

Day 13254, and I read my watch wrong...

Perhaps it was the altitude...

Or, perhaps it was some residual jet lag. I don't know. I was quite certain, however, that my watch said it was 11:15...


Whatever the case, it was 10:15...in the A.M...Oops! Oh well, Katie's and my day at Vail got off to a strong start. And, my timekeeping error set the tone for the rest of the day. And besides, it was 11:15 in Nashville and it was 12:15 in Atlanta. So really, what is the big deal? Who said that you can't have "beer breakfast?" Or, would it be "beer brunch?"



Anyway, we spent the day mostly in the back bowls, trying and trying to figure out how exactly to get to some good runs we heard were off the Teacup Lift. Getting to the Teacup Lift, however, proved more difficult than the runs themselves. We never got there.


We did go up the Orient Express Lift multiple times though. We rode the lift so much that Katie began spouting "Look, kids... Big Ben... Parliament..." each time we ended up in the same place. That joke never got old. Apparently, my dazzling map-reading skills did get a bit old for some. I guess "cross country" skiing is not really up Katie's alley. Also not up Katie's alley? The Poma lift. I was quite amused...I will not embarass her with the details.


Meanwhile, you know Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen, Comet and Cupid and Donder, and Blitzen. But do you recall, the most famous reindeer of all?




OUCH!


And that pretty much sums up a good day filled with laughs and fun. And, of course, we gave it the old college try (definition 3) at the finish. I have to wonder... Why don't I live here???



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nothing wrong with drinking at 11a.m. You were on druncation! The picture buffalo picture? Priceless.