Day

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Day 13478, & it has been a really long time...

So, I realize that it has been almost a month since I wrote an entry here.

It is not that nothing has gone on.  I have moved my office, continued to build a new restaurant, resumed my training, and escaped any real impact in this recession, thus far, anyway... I even managed to get by on less than 1/2 a tank of gas during the great gas shortage of late September, 2008.

I should mention, I have managed all of these things for quite some time without any rescue plans from the government.  But, if they are looking to amend the plan, free free to throw a couple million my way.  Or, perhaps a few billion to the airline industry.  They are not really asking, but I hear they have needed it for quite some time.  They must have relied too heavily on sub prime mortgages, or fuel, I can't remember...

I have been busy.  Not too busy to write an entry here.  Just too busy to notice everything happening around me.  Too busy to observe.  Too busy to care.

I don't like being busy.  Busy is not easy to control.  Busy sucks!

I LOVE being in control.

Imagine how I must feel now.  I have a contractor and an architect moving along on a seven digit restaurant, spending money like it is someone else's.  I have given our GM the reins at the first place.  I have been working out of boxes in my new home "office,' which I can't even deduct on my tax return, because we all know that a "home office" deduct is a guaranteed audit...

Basically, it is like I am homeless.  And let me tell you, the world is a scary place.  

It is especially scary when you know you can't run away from the threats.  Trust me when I tell you, I can't run.

Trust me when I say that the Murfreesboro Half this Saturday is a really big threat.  6 weeks ago, no sweat.  6 weeks ago, I planned to run it sub 8:45 pace.

Now, 6 weeks and a killer shin splint later, I plan to run it, at some pace, and hopefully finish.  Now, 6 weeks later, my longest run since August has been a crappy 7 miler at a 10:00 pace.  Now, it seems to be a struggle to stay over 20 miles a week.  

But hey, 13.1 miles should be great!  At least it is FLAT...

If nothing else I will finish, I will defeat the 13.1, to prove that I can.  Besides, what else do I have to do Saturday morning before noon?  Please, let me be finished before noon...

Happy birthday, Catherine!  Happy birthday, Stick!

No comments: