Day

Monday, July 21, 2008

Day 13400, & I hate summer...

So, the heat index is expected to be 105 today.  That is incredibly obscene.

This morning, at 7, the temp was already 79 degrees.  When I say "already" I think that I might actually mean "still."

The heat always takes its toll on my mood.  Apparently, I am not the only one.  If you look at the blog feeds on my sidebar, nobody seems really clever lately.

Meanwhile, I am quite sure it is lovely in the Adirondacks.  I was supposed to get up there for a bit of R & R (read: running and racing) before Catherine returns to Nashville; however, as usual, my life and schedule are dictated by others.  I had no idea that it would be so hard to be the "boss."

Anyway, aside from a few new house/yard pictures, I have nothing new to say...except that I was over 30 miles last week!

Thank god!!!

What is this?  It is just behind my shin.  A tendon? It seems to small to be a muscle.  Well, anyway, it has been giving me trouble.  It doesn't hurt at all, unless I am running.

It started right after my long run three weeks ago.  I forced myself back onto the elliptical machine that week, as I had the 10K that weekend.  

Then, in Dodge City, I only got in one good run.  The others, spoiled by this leg problem, each ended in a walk of shame back to the house.

So, I didn't really run that week, either.

Remember, I am supposed to be training for a November 8th marathon.  When I selected my training program, I gave myself a couple of slip up weeks.

I have now used them all up.

Last week:

Monday: 3 miles, flat, at 8:48 pace
Tuesday: 2.5 miles, light hills, as I ran to my last training session, and then back home after (I will miss you, Shannon!) pace of 8:45
Wednesday: 5.6 miles, mostly flat, at a slow 9:28
Thursday: Rest
Friday: 5 miles, flat, at 9:01
Saturday: 10.3, half hilly, half flat, at 9:30 including 2 water and 1 bathroom pit stops.
Sunday: 5.7 miles, treadmill, 54.44, including 5 minutes warm up, and 5 minutes cool down

TOTAL: 32.1

And now, I will re-start the training schedule.  Today is a "rest" day.  Maybe I will...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back. I miss you.

Che and I have taken you up on your fatherly advice, and he's running with me every morning. Well, every morning that he doesn't horseback-ride, since our deal is that he doesn't have to run on the days he horseback rides.

We started at 14 minutes/mile. Yeah, that sucks, I know. But we're down to 6:54 a mile, which is still not Chris-calf-awesome, but for me and my nine year old, it's pretty damn good.