Day

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Day 13280, & I hate people...

Well, not all people, just most of them.  If you are one of the lucky few, then you already know it, so don't bother checking in about it.  After all, anyone who knows me well enough also knows that it is OBVIOUS when I dislike someone...

There was an article in the paper today about the airlines and fuel prices.  Basically, it was outlining the fact that if oil stays above 100 bucks a barrel, then the airline industry is screwed.  Apparently, your flying choices will be Southwest or "flying" down the highway in your car.  

This is unacceptable to me.  I still miss the old days, when flying was enjoyable.  There were many more flight attendants, there was food, there was far more than a coke and a bag of pretzels.

Meanwhile, I am no financial analyst, but I am guessing Exxon is going to beat their record profit again this year...

Meanwhile, as hundreds of thousands of airline workers are worrying about their futures, the two Democratic presidential candidates are worrying about word choice, scheduling records, and church.  Hummn... If I were McCain, I would be on Cloud 9.  After all, how often is the presidency handed to you?  So, that being said, what are the chances that it actually gets handed back again???

So, yeah, I hate people.  I also hate the people who eat brunch on Easter, but that is old news that isn't worth revisiting in my mind.

I did my six miles on Saturday.  Well, actually, I did 5.8 miles in the hour, but hit 6 in the first 2 minutes of my cool down.  2.3 of the miles were solid in the middle 20 minutes of the run.  I was proud.

I have taken it easy since then.  Nothing Sunday, three miles on the elliptical Monday, and then a quick warm up mile today before weight training.  The stems seem a bit unhappy with me, but I am letting them have their way.  I might just scale back a mile or so, and 15 minutes this Saturday.  Why push it?

The plan is some 5K in May, a 10K in October, and then a 1/2 marathon at Thanksgiving.  Now that I have said it and it has been read, I have to stick with the plan.

Sorry there isn't much here, but I am too annoyed to be clever.

1 comment:

Nat said...

Sounds like a great plan! Thanksgiving is fun!

I remember when I waited tables and brunch was hands down always the worst shift to have. Trust me getting 2 kids ready for church by yourself is on par with working a short staffed Easter brunch.

Only thing I like about Easter is the mimosas.