Day

Friday, January 25, 2008

Day 13220 & I am suddenly 13219 days behind...

So, I have decided that I should start a blog.

Why? I have no idea. I know that it is not because I have soooo much free time that I might as well spend it in front of a computer. I also know that it is not because I feel that I should justify my parent's $125,000 sacrifice for my college education and my English major.

Rather, I think that I am starting to realize that at age 36 (13220 days, give or take a few for the leap years that I am too lazy to allow for), I am officially an adult. As such, the life I live now is apparently going to be the only one I get; therefore, I might as well start writing it down.

In all honestly, I think that jealousy might also play a tiny, almost minuscule role in what I have to confess is a self-indulgent pastime. You see, my long lost friend Nat has been blogging for the past several years. As I have navigated through her days with a click of the mouse, I sense that she has managed to turn this writing into something therapeutic. I also sense that over the last 10 years (3652 days), my writing skills have been on the decline. Her writing skills, meanwhile, have been honed to the level of a professional.

So, yes, basically I have started a blog as some kind of ridiculous competition with a friend (& dare I say former girlfriend, though barely...) who I have not seen in the last 15 years, who is married, has two kids, and has no idea that this competition even exists.

What? That is why most people blog, right?

Additionally, I should hope that somebody might find some of the aspects of my "glamorous" life to be somewhat entertaining. After all, I do own a successful restaurant. I am about to open another successful restaurant (please god, please let the second restaurant be successful...), and I have been involved with my partner Jay for the duration of this this century and the tail end of the last one (5215 days). That is quite a set of achievements, if you ask me. And those of you that know Jay would not even dream of asking, as you know exactly what an achievement he is...

So, yeah, this is my blog. We'll see how this goes.

1 comment:

Nat said...

Ack! Blush!
Dear, dear Chris, EVERYTHING is, of course, a competition. When people say they are not competive it is like saying "Hi! I am prey; please lion, eat me." To be competitive is to be human.
And while I am not your uh, "type" you still win the competition as best date EVER. Please. What other 18 yr old boy: showed up on time, dressed to the nines, in a clean car, had plans (read front row concert tickets), took girl to resturant and paid and then still got her home before curfew without a wrestling match. Of course you would always say "are you sure that is what you are going to wear?" ;)
Excited for the new read!